When you have to set up a newsletter feed you need to start by setting up MailChimp (MC) on the website.
- Firstly go to plugins and turn on or install the plugin Gravity Forms MailChimp Add-On (see screenshot below) if it isn’t already.
- Next we have to setup the MailChimp API. You can check how to do that here.
- When that is done, Copy the API into Forms > Settings > MailChimp.
Now we have to create a subscription form so they are automatically sent out mail.
- Create a new form using gravity forms with input fields, Name (First and Last names) and Email.
- Setup a Thank you page to be redirected to when they have signed up.
- this should have a friendly title, a nice picture that suits the website and a short thank you message.
- Setup the notifications and confirmations like you would in other forms. Which can be found how to do here
- When that is all done, go to Forms > MailChimp > Add New
- choose the subscription form we just setup and place the corresponding fields into the correct place.
- make sure “Double opt in” and “Opt in condition” are unchecked.
- Test the form.
- Congratulations! you have just finished setting up a Newsletter subscription.