Web design & development is customer service.
At Nuttify we are committed to creating a “WOW!” customer service experience. Web design & development is customer service, and so everything that we do is based around what our customers want, and giving it to them quickly and easily.
As part of the Nuttify team you will demonstrate obsessive customer focus. We aim for customer delight and for them to become our raving fans.
Everything is marketing
Every task that you undertake as a Nuttify Design Squirrel should be focussed on one goal: delighting the customer. Every phone call, every line of code, every email or comment on the project management system must be focussed on providing outstanding value to the client. Going far beyond what they expect a web developer to do.
The Nuttify brand promise
The Nuttify Brand Promise to our customers is to empower them with: control, knowledge and freedom. Every action that you take, everyday must be focussed on delivering on this brand promise.
- Create a “WOW!” customer experience through everything that you do
- Create Champion Website wireframes, graphic design from proposals and documentation that exceed client expectations.
- Create Champion Website wireframes, graphic designs and implement in HTML5 & CSS to meet or exceed standards defined in business process and best practice documentation
- Create Champion Website wireframes, graphic designs and implements in HTML5 & CSS on time and on budget
- Collaborate actively with colleagues and clients to create a “WOW!” customer service experience
- Create Champion Website help articles, and project documentation
- Put the customer first in everything you do – create that “WOW!” experience
- Put yourself in control of your time and actions by proactively managing your workload and tasks and communicating this to coworkers and clients
- Foster and practice a “can do” attitude and approach to your work and life.
- Follow business process and best practice guidelines when creating websites and deploying web services
- Create wireframes for key pages for client’s Champion Websites
- Seek client approval for Champion Website wireframes and graphic designs
- Create graphic designs for Champion Websites
- Actively contribute to developing, optimizing and documenting business processes and best practice
- Maintain concise and clear project documentation
- Follow project management timelines and objectives
- Complete tasks assigned through project management system
- Maintain records for time spent and work completed via project management system
- Complete Quality assurance (QA) testing of websites across multiple devices and platforms – browsers and mobile devices. – for Responsive design CSS & HTML5
- Add edit and upload content as required
- Create Mailchimp email template designs as required
- Search the internet to find and develop solutions to problems or objectives as they arise
- Create elegant solutions to difficult problems
- Ask clients for referrals
- Other tasks as required
- Customer service focussed attitude
- The initiative to search the internet to solve problems
- Intermediate to advanced graphic design and layout skills
- Intermediate to advanced Adobe Illustrator
- Intermediate to advanced Adobe Photoshop
- Basic to Intermediate HTML5 & CSS
Bonus (we’ll teach you this if you haven’t got it)
- Customer service 101 – how to create a “WOW!” experience
- WordPress administration
- WordPress child theme development
- Responsive web design techniques and implementations
Metrics (Key Performance Indicators)
- Call client a minimum of once per week and a maximum of 5 times per week (per project)
- Create the required number of Champion Websites front ends per month, in line with company goals, client goals, and project size
- Respond to all customer queries within 3 hours (via email, project management or phone)
- Number of Champion Website front ends completed per month (4-8 per month)
- Number of Champion Website front ends per month that are completed on time
- Number of Champion Website front ends per month that are completed on budget
- Number of Champion Website front ends per month that are compliant across QA guidelines
- Number of layout bugs, mistakes and fixes required per month (lower is better)