This article will walk you through the process of setting up confirmations and notifications for your advocacy form.
With confirmation, in general, you have the ability to set up where the form submitter will be redirected to after they submitted the form. It can be just a text, or another page on your site or another site URL.
With notifications, you can set up as many notifications as you want such as 1 notification to the submitter, 1 to administrator and 1 to your personal email address. This can be done in “Notifications”
- Open the form panel of Advocacy form. On top left of the panel, you will be able to see 3 options of “Form Settings”, Entries and Preview. Hover “Form settings” and choose “confirmations
- On the next screen which is “Confirmations”, you will be able to see 1 or more confirmations. In this case, it’s “Default confirmation”. If you hover it, you can edit or duplicate it. Click on “Edit” and you will be linked to the confirmation settings. As introduced, there are 3 ways to show the confirmation to form submitter. Click on “text” and you can change the text to anything you want. Click on “page” and you can choose from a list of all pages on your site ( As in your request, you can choose the page “Donate” so that the person will be redirected automatically to Donate page.). The last option is “Redirect” which means you can redirect that person to another completely different site.
- Open the form panel of Advocacy form. On top left of the panel, you will be able to see 3 options of “Form Settings”, Entries and Preview. Hover “Form settings” and choose “notifications”.
- In next screen, you will see 1 or more notifications. In this case, there’s one “Admin notification” has been set up. In general, if you want this form to be submitted to anyone, create another notification template. For example, in your document, if you want to send this email to Minister, create one notification template for Minister. If you want to send this form to the submitter as a record, create one notification for Submitter. I will create one notification for minister in this example.
- After clicking “Add New” notification, you will be linked to the notification set up page. First field from top is “Name”. This is the name of your notification. This is just for admin purposes. No one else will see this.
- Second field is “Send to”, you can either manually enter receiver’s email address, select a field or configure routing. In most cases, you will not need “Configure routing”. In this case, because we already created the form with field of Minister email address, we can choose that from the submitted data of the submitted form.
- Third field is “From Name”. This is where you can choose what name will appear as the sender name in the email. You can either type it in or click on the small icons on the right hand side of “From Name” field to choose from the list of fields data in the form (For example, because we have set up the First Name and Last Name in the Advocacy form, you will be able to select those from the field list to make it dynamic for each sender).
- Fourth field is “From Email”, as explained in previous step, you can either manually type in the email address or choose it from the submitted form fields. In this case, it will be the submitter email address (There was a field of that in our form). Fifth field “Reply to” should be the same to “From Email”, you can leave it blank if you want. “BBC” is another email address that you might want to receive this email like Admin or someone like that.
- Seventh field is “Subject”, in this case, we created the Subject field in the form before so we can select and use that field from the submitted form.
- The final and most important field is “Message”. This is where you can craft the email content. This is what the receiver will see in the incoming email. As you can see in below image, I tried to use as many dynamic values (from the submitted data) anywhere that I can to make the email looks more personal crafted and more dynamic to different submitter. This is the key point of using gravity form.
Please note that the form, confirmation and notifications are just the sample, the base so that you can go in and work around it. Please feel free to edit, delete or create new form field.